ZTERM for Pocket PC
Updated November 26, 2002
ZTERM for Pocket PC Issues
These are known bugs or limitations with ZTERM for Pocket PC
- In the profile display, doing a tap and hold and then selecting
Profile Properties results in the correct display but the stylus
doesn't respond. There are two workarounds: go to the Today screen
(or any other program) and then back to ZTERM or launch the profile
and use the Settings/Configuration menu.
- When operating in full screen mode, occasionally the Pocket
PC title bar will show through. Switching out and then back into
full screen mode usually cures this.
- FTP transfers aren't currently supported - this is being
worked on for the 2.2 release.
- Whenever a color dialog is displayed, the custom colors area
is shown - this shouldn't be shown since Pocket PC has no easy
way to customize the colors
- To switch profiles you have to exit ZTERM and then restart
it - we need a way to exit back to the profile sheet.
These are known hardware related problems:
- On the Compaq iPAQ 3975 you cannot make a circuit switched
GSM data call using Bluetooth between the phone and Pocket PC.
To make the call using ZTERM's TAPI-based dialer you must connect
with either a serial cable or IRDA connection. An alternative
workaround is to connect directly to the GSM phone's modem and
send the ATDT command as part of the profile's startup commands.